Sunday, May 8, 2011
.microwave cake? yes, please.
want to wow your friends and family? turn your kid into an honest to goodness baker? craving something chocolatey? whatever your reason may be, i've got the recipe for you.
homemade chocolate cake in the microwave! yes, in the microwave. from the time i walked in the kitchen until the moment i walked out with a mouth full of chocolate cake was less than 15 minutes.
now, i only had the ingredients in my kitchen available to me and therefore gave myself the liberty of improvising.
here's what i used and in ( ) what could also be used:
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar (i used 3.5 just to pretend i was being healthier)
2 tbsp cocoa powder (this stuff just smells like love)
3 tbsp milk (i used 2% reduced fat because it is all i had in my fridge)
3 tbsp oil
2 reese's cups (because i love chocolate and peanut butter but for pure chocolate lovers, use 2.5 to 3 tbsp chocolate chips)
a few chopped pecans (this is the nut lover in me, but getting nutty is optional)
dash of vanilla
1. find your biggest microwavable coffee mug and mix all of the dry ingredients together.
2. stir up an egg in a separate bowl and then into the mug of dry ingredients.
3. add your milk and oil in and continue to mix well.
4. stir in your chocolate (in my case, reese's cups) and vanilla and keep on mixin'.
5. microwave ovens vary so heat it for anywhere between 2 and 3 minutes. you do not want to overheat it and risk have a cup full of dryness. i did mine for only 2 minutes total.
while this is not one of those cakes that i have to close my eyes while eating in order to soak in every second of sugary joy, it isn't bad for throwing something in the microwave. tonight after dinner, i'll warm it up a little, dip it in some milk and all will feel right in the world.