Tuesday, August 9, 2011

.nature made.

some taste combinations are so divine that you almost wonder why they just don't grow on the same plant. for me, tomato and basil are a match made in veggie heaven.


beep. beep. beep. ok, back it up, tomatoes are technically a fruit. yeah, yeah. let me just be scientifically incorrect here and say i've never had a tomato in my ambrosia salad at the holidays or in my little fruit cup from any cafeteria. so, i pretty much consider it a veggie.

phew, that was therapeutic.

we have an amazing garden we plant every year. it consists of one basil plant and one cherry tomato plant. amazing, right? although we don't have an impressive spread, for me, it is just right. those little cherry tomatoes turn red in handfuls at a time and the basil is always in plenty. sometimes, i'll stop on my way in the door and wrap a ripe tomato in a basil leaf for the perfect pick-me-up.


one of my favorite go-to party platters is a fresh bruschetta with roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and hunks of mozzarella. doing this with my own homegrown goodies is just so delicious. take a normal italian dish and snazz it up with these ingredients and it tastes so good it hurts.


my point is...sorry, i can't think. i'm going outside for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.comments are as sweet as sugar.