Saturday, August 20, 2011

.through the gray.

every day this week, i've pulled into my gray house with my gray heart. i have dreaded the colorless nights without my fur baby and wonder when his absence won't be so looming any more. if time heals, i'm buying another clock. however, i know the road to emotional recovery all too well and it has less to do with time and more to do with holding onto memories, perseverance and surrounding love.

luckily, i am lucky.

the support from the people in my life has been amazing. a kind word, a hug, all those texts, emails, calls and thoughts- they comfort me.


sometimes, it is just a little thing.


other times, it is a thoughtful card.


maybe a smile over sushi.


a dog lover friend of mine had the most bright flowers sent my way with a little note and balloon to let me know she was thinking of me.

after all this color being brought into my life it is hard to stay in the gray.

saying thank you doesn't quite encompass how grateful i am to the people in my life. from the ones who brought me into this world to the ones that i choose to have in my life, i owe my returning smiles to you. i'm sure mocha would rather see his mommy happy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

.comments are as sweet as sugar.