Tuesday, August 28, 2012

.sweet, sweet sunshine.



putting together our daughter's nursery was a labor of love. the vision was mine and the labor was my eye guy's. it turned out to be a great balance.



i knew as soon as she was a double stripe on a pregnancy test that our child's nursery would be reading-themed. i have a passion for books and i hoped this would translate to our baby.



once we discovered our little blessing was bundled in the package of a girl, i immediately got the bedding i had picked out for this scenario. instead of all pinks, i wanted her room to be drenched in sunshine with dashes of soothing gray. for this look, i found the perfect bedding.



as you may remember, we DIYed her dresser and then promptly began filling it with her little, bitty things.



some of my favorite elements of her nursery are mementos from my own childhood. my bedroom of long ago was strawberry shortcake themed and here is my little rocking chair to prove it.



another of my favorite elements of our babycakes' nursery is this little blue dress hanging from her closet door. this is the very dress that her mommy wore when she was a wee thing. i can't wait to see our own little doll baby in it!



to hang all her little bows, i crated her this framed holder to also serve as wall art.





to personalize our daughter's nursery, my dear friend tammy custom-made some darling elements that were proudly displayed at my baby shower. believe it or not, her official name will not be babycakes, but elise.



the pennant banner you see hanging in all its adorableness was a custom order i placed on etsy from this cute shop . we communicated back and forth until we found just the perfect fabric for the nursery. i love how it turned out. i can picture little elise lying happily in her crib looking up at the sweet banner.



this will most likely be my new favorite spot in our home. in this comfy corner, i plan to snuggle my baby girl, read her lots of books and sing to her with my tone-def best. (poor baby)




this nursery is already my happy place, my serenity and peaceful escape. i can only imagine how very much i'll love it when my little lovey is here to fill the whole room with her glow.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely nursery! It is absolutely beautiful...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, brooke!!! i just can't wait to have my little girl in there ;)

    ReplyDelete

.comments are as sweet as sugar.